"He who can not draw on three thousand years is living hand to mouth"- Johann Wolfgang von Goethe

Saturday 29 January 2011

Romance’s Traitor


-Rebel’s of the romance movement,
Forgive me of my sins-

I am a lover who hold
Love’s creeds to be true
I have a secrect untold
But now I am telling you
I have crumpled my paper love
And offered it to false idols
Desperate I forced a shove
Spitting in romance’s ideals
I have slept without passion
Spoken without art
Torn the clothes of my own fashion
Laid limp my young heart
Turned away from the beautiful
Cowered from the brave
Tainted my white festivale
Into a march solemn and deprave;
God shall not punish me
For I have sinned myself
I am both sick worm and tree
Cut off from all help
I know that this shall be my torture
As forever I shall be named: love’s traitor.

No comments:

Post a Comment